Monday 23 February 2009

Photography at Nurseries

A large percentage of my business involves working with children. Despite their reputation, this is the part of the job I enjoy the most. Away from the private sittings where children can do a very good job at winding up their parents, is the school photography, where their behaviour is generally better than the grown ups.

I photograph children at several toddler groups and pre schools on a regular basis, Emmer Green pre school being the largest. This is a lovely place to be; the children are always happy and the welcoming staff, many long term, appear to be doing a job they love.

I use the same methods of photography at a school that I would on a private shoot, offering the parents a selection of great, natural shots of their children, but at a fraction of the usual cost. The school receives commission on the sales to fund new equipment. Emmer Green Pre School’s commission cheque is usually somewhere between £225 and £250.

Thank you to all the parents who have kindly allowed me to use pictures of their children on the blog. It is very much appreciated. Please contact me if you would like a free copy of the picture as a thank you.

Please contact me also if you would like to discuss photography at your school or playgroup.

Children from Emmer Green Pre School, St Crispin’s Pre School in Wokingham and Chapel Hall Toddlers in Woodley.